Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Happily Ever After...

A few weeks ago I had the privilege to help decorate for a good friend's wedding.  She started working for me at the store while she was in high school and continued for a few years of college.  We have similiar decorating styles and the love of old things so it was so it was so exciting to see her ideas for her wedding come together.  She also worked for me when my daughter was born so she asked her to be her flowergirl, which was a thrill!  She was actually the "button girl" because instead of flower petals she threw cream buttons from her handmade chenille purse.  It was adorable!

Now for the decorating...she had gathered all different styles of milk glass vases & bowls, some tarnished silver pieces, mercury glass candle holders, buttons, bits of tatting, spools, scrap fabric balls and other smalls.  Another friend brought scrabble letters, old keys, flower frogs, wire gutter guards(turned candle holders) & a few architectual moldings.  And then with a piece of burlap on each table they turned my loose to start creating!  I have to say it was so much fun as it's been awhile since I got to "play".  At the end of the day the bride was thrilled that all of her planning all came together as I too was thrilled to help make that happen.  I have a few photos to share(and they are just quick snapshots but you can get the idea) and hopefully give you a little inspiration too! Enjoy!
-Amy

Each table had something different on it along with flowers and the dinner menu!







What a great idea! A candy bar.. I think the adults enjoyed it just as much as the kids!


Advice from the bride and groom's grandparents framed and hung over the gift table.. Words of wisdom!

More goodies in front of the head table!
The bride and groom's mothers' wedding dresses! Such a great idea!

The guestbook table at the ceremony...
The beautiful bride and the button girl!

2 comments:

  1. This is really unique! I especially love the candy table and the guest book table. I guess you better be thinking on helping Wendy next June! Think mason jars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you posted this! So grateful for our friendship and your talent. The day wouldn't have been the same without you and lil Lydia! Love you girls!

    ReplyDelete