Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Family First....

Wow, I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted...so sorry for that!  Life has been and continues to be a bit of a whirlwind.  I hope after the holidays it calms down because I need to catch up!  I normally don't share much about my personal life on here but I guess I feel I need to give you my excuse for not posting often and why the website doesn't have new product weekly which is the way I had hoped to have it. 

So my first priority before these things is taking care of my Mother, which I have been doing for a few years now.  But this year the amount of care she needed increased to everyday, all day so my priorities had to change.  I could no longer manage to keep the physical store open and now just try to have a few open houses a year.  I am happy that I had the website established as it is nice to still feed my creative side.  So I just get done what I can although I am not always satisfied with that, it's is just the way it has to be for now.  I was trying to add new product weekly but that has not been very easy to do lately so as my friend always says, It is what it is.  I know I will have no regrets later on in life for the sacrifices I make now even though some days are not always easy. 

Thank you to all of my local store customers for your continued support when I do open my doors for an open house or on a whim.  I always worry that no one will show up but you always do and with such nice comments which I appreciate.  And thank you to my web customers for finding my site in the big world of cyberspace.  I am always amazed how people have found the site and your nice comments as well.  I try to convey the same service and feeling online as I do in the actual brick and mortar store. 

I wish you all a wonderful Holiday Season filled with warmth and precious memories.

Amy

1 comment:

  1. You will NEVER EVER regret the days of taking care of your mom. My mom died 18 years ago at the age of 58. I took care of her for a year and one half. She had a nephrostomy tube that I changed the bandage on every night, even in the hospital...the nurses didn't want to "goof" up our system. Blessings to both of you!

    I just came across your business card and thought I would look you up! glad to see you are still creating :)

    Hugs from Iowa (Charles City),
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete