Sunday, October 3, 2010

A little peek into my home...

This is one of my favorite displays in my home right now. And before I decorated for Fall I thought I would share it with you! The buffet has been in my husband's family for years. I finally painted it black & it really came to life. The window really started this, it is such a focal point. I purchased it from my friend, Barb, of Cross Creek Antiques in Fairfax, Ia. If you haven't been to her shop you are missing out on a real treat! So inspiring...you can find her blog, Simply Iowa, under my favorites list. All of the items have special meaning to me, whether it be family trinkets, special things I collected from favorite places or things I actually brought home from the shop. Special sewing items collected from my grandmother's sewing machine.
I love this vignette!



Well, I love this too! The dress form was purchased from a sweet girl that has an amazing vision. I have several of her pieces.


I love this weathered bowling pin. I have had it for years.


I will try to continue to give little looks into my home as time goes on. Many of you have always wondered how it is decorated but I must admit it is always that last place that gets my decorating attention. The store always seems to come first!
Reminder!
Our October Event "Autumn Bounty" is coming up in two weeks! October 14-17. I have been out gathering some new treasures for you plus the Linen Sample Girls are planning to be back! More details to come!




1 comment:

  1. Hey Amy...
    Thank You Soooooo Much... for... Everything.... I am so sorry you were subjected to such a mess...You and Lydia, were one of the brightest spots, during last weekend... I also know, you had all sorts of turmoil going on as well...
    Oh My...
    Life can be so messy...
    I love everything you have pictured..You have such a soulful way about you... like building a Nest... you gather some of the most wonderful, little fragments, then put them all together... and they sing....
    My Love to You....
    Barb C.

    ReplyDelete